Give it a try - 2.2.00
1. Why do you think people want to be a part of a triathlon? Because they want to give it a try.
2. Why do you think the author chose this title? Because it is like the kids who wanted to give it a try.
3. How do you think ‘tryathlon’ got it’s name when it is usually spelt ‘triathlon’?If you know that there are some adults that go to a triathlon then the kids like us go to a tryathlon.
4. What three sports are involved in a triathlon?swim,bike and run
5. How many kilometres will the girls travel combined? 10 kilometres and 200 metres for swimming.
6. Think about how the event is organised… How does each member know when to begin their
part of the race? the people call their houses to let them know.
7. How do you think the girls are feeling at the end of the events? tired and also happy.
8. What is the difference between a ‘tryathlon’ and a ‘triathlon’? Tryathlon is for kids and triathlon is for adults.